All the benefits of private practice, but with great colleagues, and none of the hassles…
Come join us! Based in Brattleboro, Vermont, InnerWell is a specialty counseling center, focusing on couples counseling and relationship issues. We are looking looking for a talented, passionate couples therapist to join our growing team.
Our approach is collaborative, integrative and empowering, and is rooted in adult attachment theory and proven approaches to relationship wellness and integrative healing. We work primarily with high functioning couples and individual adults, providing fee-for-service outpatient therapy. While this particular position emphasizes couples therapy, a mixed caseload of couples and individuals is possible for therapists with appropriate training and experience (see details below).
InnerWell’s services include:
- Couples Therapy, focused on helping couples come together to shift their underlying patterns and create positive lasting change for secure, loving connection
- Discernment Counseling, a powerful, short-term structured clarification process for mixed-agenda couples on the brink of divorce
- Integrative Individual Therapy for adults and older adolescents
InnerWell is looking for a compassionate, articulate, highly skilled therapist to join our vibrant and growing group practice. At this time, we are looking for a full-time therapist.
Demonstrated experience and a passion for couples therapy is a must. We are looking for a grounded, seasoned therapist who is still passionate about learning and continuing to expand his or her repertoire and continue growing as a practitioner. The right candidate will possesses personal maturity and self-awareness, and preferably have significant personal experience with mindfulness practices and body-mind integration.
Training/certification in Emotionally Focused Therapy and/or Internal Family Systems (IFS) Therapy are a plus, as is Sex Therapy training/certification (AASECT). All candidates should have significant experience working with higher-functioning individual adults and couples on relationship issues, and comfort and experience with people of diverse sexualities and genders. Those wanting a caseload including individuals should be grounded in one or more experiential, mindfulness-based, neurobiologically-informed approaches such as Internal Family Systems, EMDR, Sensorimotor Psychotherapy, Somatic Experiencing, Hakomi or AEDP.
On a philosophical level, we are looking for someone who looks through a lens of health and wellness and secure attachment versus pathology. We believe that people respond to the circumstances of their lives and relationships in ways that may no longer be serving them well, but that there is almost always some hidden logic in even the most troublesome of patterns. We help our clients bring compassionate curiosity to their difficulties, and help them create shifts from the inside out, using a respectful, integrative, mindfulness-informed approach. If that sounds like a good fit for you, we encourage you to apply!
Summary of requirements & benefits
Benefits to working at InnerWell:
- Friendly, engaged, like-minded colleagues (supportive professional community)
- Competitive fee-for-service compensation
- Annual continuing education allowance of $1000 for approved CE programs
- Guaranteed minimum income to start, if relocating
- Steady flow of client referrals (tend to be motivated and higher functioning, and we can often start new therapists off with a sizable caseload since we frequently are full with a waiting list)
- New client pre-screening, initial scheduling, billing & forms setup (all done for you)
- Marketing & administrative support, including voicemail, business cards, web presence, and secure, easy-to-use online practice management system
- Case consultation and personalized advanced training opportunities provided
- Beautiful furnished office space with free parking, staff room and kitchen, internet
- Therapists are W-2 employees, with InnerWell providing Medicare & Social Security contributions, as well as professional liability insurance and workers comp insurance
Applicants must possess the following:
- Be licensed (or currently license-eligible) as a mental health professional in Vermont
- Minimum 2 years post-licensure outpatient clinical experience, including couples work
- Give evidence of substantial post-graduate integrative and/or couples therapy training
- Willingness to receive extensive training in Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy, if not already completed, and in Brief Discernment Counseling
- Commitment to ongoing professional growth and to providing exceptional client care
- Available for work schedule to include 2 evenings and/or 1 weekend day per week
- Willingness to sign a non-compete agreement for private practice in 50-mile radius
- Presence, warmth, excellent communication skills and a high degree of professionalism
- Demonstrated personal maturity and self-awareness; background with mindfulness practices and commitment to personal growth preferred
LGBTQI applicants and therapists of color are especially encouraged to apply, as are cis male therapists. InnerWell is committed to diversity and inclusiveness and we welcome all qualified applications.
If you think you’d be a good fit for this position, we’d love to hear from you. To apply, please send a detailed letter of interest, along with your resume/CV, to Rachel Zamore, LMFT, at firstname.lastname@example.org or InnerWell, 262 Western Ave., Brattleboro, VT 05301.
InnerWell Integrative Counseling Services was founded in 2009 as a center for integrative, empowering, leading-edge therapy for individual adults and couples. With a strong commitment to supporting highest quality counseling services, both at InnerWell, and in our community, InnerWell has helped organize and support numerous local and regional continuing education trainings in recent years (including Internal Family Systems therapy, Body-Mind Sensorimotor Psychotherapy, Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy and others). In 2013, InnerWell launched its specialty center for couples therapy, and in 2014, purchased a beautiful, light-filled house and converted into a counseling center with multiple offices, a waiting room, workshop space, kitchen and more. InnerWell currently has 5 practitioners, and anticipates adding several more over the next few years. More information about InnerWell can be found at www.InnerWell.org/about.
Brattleboro, Vermont is a charming and lively small town in southern Vermont, recently ranked #11 by Smithsonian Magazine’s listing of Best Small Towns in America. Known for its vibrant arts scene, dynamic downtown, beautiful setting, and progressive politics, Brattleboro is located in southeastern Vermont on the Connecticut River, just 2 hours from Boston, 3 ½ hours from New York City, and 4 hours from Montreal. More information about Brattleboro can be found at www.brattleborochamber.org.