Welcome to InnerWell! We’re delighted that you’re considering a private couples retreat, discernment counseling intensive or marathon therapy, and hope this will take the mystery out of the process.
How do we get started? What’s the process?
- Get in touch. The process starts with you taking the step to reach out and contact us (email@example.com or 802-231-2550). Well, really it starts with you having the courage to reach out to your partner and suggest the possibility of doing something as radical and courageous and committed as doing a private couples retreat or a therapy intensive.
- Free phone consultation with each of you. After your initial inquiry, you’ll hear back from the InnerWell Director to further explore your interest and answer any questions you might have.
- Finalize your private couples retreat. After speaking with both partners and settling on a date, the intensive is reserved with a deposit and then you’ll receive a confirmation email with directions and additional instructions.
- Prepare for your time at InnerWell.
- Make reservations for lodging. If desired, make dinner reservations and consider scheduling a couples massage for during one of your break times.
- If provided, complete pre-intensive reading assignment.
- Complete & submit relationship assessments and questionnaires (provided) at least 2 weeks prior to your intensive.
- Organize responsibilities at home and work so you can truly unplug and be fully present.
- You are encouraged to bring along whatever will support you in nourishing yourself/yourselves during your down time between our meetings — your journal, yoga mats, some poetry, massage oil, hiking boots, art supplies — whatever will help you have a positive experience and support the goals of your time here. Depending on the type of retreat you’ve chosen, there may be some between-session suggestions or “assignments”, but the time between our sessions is mostly unscheduled, and an important part of the retreat — allowing you to recharge, unwind, reflect and play.
What to expect when you arrive…
InnerWell is located in a lovely 1910 house that was converted into a peaceful and inviting space for counseling and therapy. There is plenty of parking on the street, and you can come right in the front door. To your left, there is a waiting room. You’ll find tea and hot and cold water there (please help yourself!), as well as a collection of books about wellness, mindfulness, relationship and healing — as well as a few volumes of poetry — that you are welcome to enjoy and explore. Please feel free to arrive a little early to settle in and make yourself at home. When the time comes for your first meeting, your therapist will come to the waiting room to greet you.
If you’re interested in exploring the possibility of doing a private couples therapy intensive, discernment counseling intensive, premarital counseling retreat, or any marathon therapy, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 802-231-2550, and we’ll be in touch soon. We look forward to hearing from you.