Looking for the benefits of therapy from the convenience, comfort and privacy of your own home or office? Some people — including those who travel frequently, have demanding schedules with work or family life, have mobility issues, need increased privacy, or are located remotely but are still wanting the most up-to-date, high-quality therapy — are discovering the benefit of online therapy.
Common reasons to choose online or distance counseling versus in-person therapy:
- Convenience and flexibility
- Increased privacy
- Travel frequently for work or pleasure
- Demanding schedule (no travel time for sessions)
- Mobility issues
- Living rurally, abroad or away from familiar supports
- Seek specific approaches or expertise not available locally
We offer the same personalized high quality therapy and counseling services via secure videoconferencing and telephone that we do from our comfortable offices in southern Vermont. Sessions are arranged to meet the realities of your life and schedule. At this time we are accepting clients from throughout Vermont.
Our distance clients include:
- People living in remote areas of Vermont (rural areas, Northeast Kingdom, etc)
- People with disabilities or chronic illness who have trouble leaving home
- People living abroad (expats)
- Business leaders and others who want extra privacy
- New moms and others who have trouble leaving the house
- Students at college and abroad
- Local clients who travel frequently and mix distance and in-person sessions
Our integrative therapists can help you through secure online therapy, also known as Skype therapy, video therapy or teletherapy, with issues such as:
- Anxiety & stress
- Emotional regulation
- Life transitions
- Sexuality and gender issues
- Relationship issues
Telehealth is covered by some Vermont insurances, including Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont. Many other insurances will also reimburse for online sessions, and for those paying privately (or who have a copay), we make it easy by taking all major credit/debit/HSA cards.
Please take a look at our website to learn more about our services and take the first step towards creating the life and relationships you desire. Online counseling is a good option for many people, but it’s not for everyone or every situation. Due to legal restrictions, at this time we are only offering online counseling services to clients in Vermont (Burlington, Bennington, Rutland, Northeast Kingdom, St. Johnsbury, Middlebury, Manchester, and everywhere else in Vermont) and overseas. If you would like to explore whether distance therapy might be a good fit for you, please contact us by email or call us at 802-231-2550. We look forward to hearing from you.